Saturday, August 31, 2013

Five

Five


Five

Posted:

Five (Elemental Enmity Book I) (Kindle Edition)
By Christie Rich

Five is a coming-into-her-own/paranormal romance novel written by Christie Rich. As Rayla Tate is just beginning to figure out who she is and what she may want out of life, she also finds that life and the fae may have alternate plans in store for her.

When I first began reading Five, I wasn't a fan. Christie Rich was incredibly detailed and descriptive when giving the reader as much of the back story as possible, without giving away any plot twists and turns that may be in store later on. While those are typically both good things to have in a novel, they just seemed to make the first few chapters sluggish and slow-moving. However, I later found myself reflecting back on every "sluggish and slow-moving" detail as I read-on.

Once the momentum picked up, it kept up a steady and engaging pace throughout the rest of the book. I found myself hanging on every detail, every description...essentially, everything that had irked me in the beginning now had me hooked. Christie Rich's characters are very relatable and emotionally well-developed. She also has an ability to describe a setting and make you feel as if you are actually there, right next to the characters. I found myself experiencing the emotional ups and downs right along with Rayla as her life unfolds before her.

In the end, I found that I didn't want Five to end. In fact, I have to keep stopping myself from going back and checking the end of the book...just to make sure I didn't miss anything or there wasn't more to read that I somehow over-looked. For me, that's the sure sign of a truly great book, when it has the ability to get its hook in me so effectively that I convince myself there is more there, that I missed something. I know one thing; Christie Rich has made a fan out of this reader.


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
//PART 2