Saturday, February 1, 2014

Natural Reaction - A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery

Natural Reaction - A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery


Natural Reaction - A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery

Posted:

Natural Reaction - A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery (Book 6) (Kindle Edition)
By Terri Reid

I've always liked this series...I wouldn't say that it is one of my all time favorites, but it has always been solid, and I've looked forward to the next installment.

This one though--it mas was just too...mushy. And I'm sorry I can't think of a better word than that. All the characters are a little too perfect, too nice, too considerate, too everything. There are no other sides to their character. Everyone dotes on everyone else (on Mary especially). If I have to read one more person saying something like 'take care of our girl' in the next book, I don't think I'll be able to finish it. It's like Mary is the perfect woman in every sense of the word--beautiful, smart, tough, sexy, and has just a teeny tiny bit of vulnerability to let the men feel like MEN, and take care of her. She has no dimension. The only people that are anything but perfect are the two bad guys, which of course is perfect. It gets annoying after a while. Even the kids got on my nerves--they are 12 (boy) and 8 (girl). I have those same kids-12(b), 8(g). The kids in this book are way younger acting than that. The boy reads more like 7-8, the girl more like 4-5. And, of course, they are perfect, cute, endearing little angels, that when the leave everyone gets a wee little tear in their eye because they are so special.

There is no real mystery in this book. Everything falls into place too easily. There is no tension, no drama, no interest. It's like she didn't try hard enough to weave the story--just let it come too easily. It was almost like a fairy tale, with a kind of bad part thrown in. Remember in the movie Enchanted, while still in animation, everything was just...perfect? It was totally like that.


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
//PART 2