Sunday, February 2, 2014

Kindred

Kindred


Kindred

Posted:

Kindred (Book 1 The Kindred Series) (Kindle Edition)
By Erica Stevens

Wow. This was terrible, and I'm sad about that, because Erica Stevens's other series is so good.

There were quite a few things that drove me crazy about this. To vs. too was one of them and possessives being used instead of plurals was another. I don't understand why this is so hard.

Another thing that drove me crazy is that this story was needlessly drawn out as the characters continually went over and over the same feelings in every chapter. Sometimes the same things were stated in slightly different ways in adjoining paragraphs. Very annoying. 255 pages really could have been 100 pages.

For a group of vampire Hunters (not Hunter's, Erica), there was surprisingly little action. I would've loved to have seen Cassie's grandmother fend off an attack, or seen Chris's mom embarrass him somehow. This is a show versus tell problem. The author tells us, but neglects to show us. The book would be stronger if there were more actions instead of feelings.

I won't be continuing this series. I really don't care if Devon changes Cassie into a vampire, I don't care if they kill Julian, and I especially don't care whether Marcy lives or dies. Nice try, but not good enough for publishing. Good thing it was free. It definitely isn't good enough to pay for.


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
//PART 2